Jeffersonville City Services

Water | Sewer | Solid Waste

The City of Jeffersonville provides licensing to businesses and water, sewer, and solid waste services to its citizens. Applicants for city services must have a picture ID, proof of residency or ownership, and one other bill in his/her name at the service location. Questions should be directed to the City Clerk at cityclerk@cityofjeffersonville.org.

Water Services

All applicants for City water services are required to complete a Service Application, have no delinquent water bills, and pay a $100 deposit. Additional information and questions should be directed to the Water Department at (478) 945-3191 or by emailing the water clerk at waterclerk@cityofjeffersonville.org.

Water Service Application: view / download

Business Licenses

Business Licenses for the City of Jeffersonville expire September 30th of each year. Licenses can be applied for and renewed at Jeffersonville City Hall. The State of Georgia now requires business owners to fill out affidavits attesting their immigration status. These affidavits must be notarized.

Affidavit O.C.G.A § 50-36-1(e)(2) This must be filled out by every business owner. A secure and verifiable document must be presented along with this affidavit. Examples are: passport, passcard, Driver’s License, federal, state or local ID cards, school ID’s with photograph, and military ID’s.

Affidavit O.C.G.A. § 36-60-6(d) This must be filled out by every business owner who has employees. If the employer has ten or fewer employees, only fill out section 2. If the employer has more than ten employees, they must fill out sections 2 and 3 which requires a Federal Work Authorization User Identification Number. For more information please visit www.uscis.gov/everify.